Thursday, February 18, 2016

Safari Animals for Castiel

So in love with the brightness that this garland brings! It brings so much clarity, a sense of fun and freshness too! Sure to cheer up any room!

Thank you, Felicia, for your wonderful order and wishing you the best during your delivery day!





Another order done and moving on to my next one! My upcoming order will definitely be a challenging one... and quite interesting as well! Time to get my pencils and start sketching and hopefully I come up with a final design that the customer will approve. 
And yes... to avoid unwanted surprises, I usually sketch 2 to 3 designs on how the garland or banner will look like and show it to them before I officially start sewing the pieces together. I have customers who give me the freedom to create some prefer seeing them on paper as It's sometimes hard for them to visualize the final product If you just exchange ideas through messages. Customized banners can be quite intimidating as well as time-consuming specially when they change their mind for the 100th time!  But taking these kind of orders are a great way to expand your inventory and to really engage with your customers, but there are a few points I learned and always keep in mind before taking special orders and would love to share it with you: 

1. To carefully listen to your customers and know what they really want to see (make sure you take notes as well, and repeat them at the final stage of the conversation). 
2. Another thing is to always remember that you are allowed to say 'No' If you feel you are not capable in doing it. Don't stress yourself! Protect yourself and your business!.
3. Customized orders require alot of thinking (valuable time!) and perhaps extra materials you don't have in hand. So, charge accordingly and never undervalue your precious work that took you so much time and effort to make. 
4. And, most importantly, BE PATIENT! Customers can be pretty mean and very demanding and, most of the time, very indecisive ( there goes precious time wasted!). But keeping your cool down is the only way to avoid misunderstandings (and negative feedbacks!), So, remember, your customer service has to shine in whatever you do. This will inspire your buyers to become repeat customers and, who knows, their family and friends might order from you as well.

Anything to add? I Would love to hear your experiences and advice on how you take custom orders  or what you have learned in the comments. 
The best thing about being in this industry is that we never stop learning! <3

See you lovelies soon and wishing you all a blessed Wednesday <3 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for sharing your tips. I hope once also I will recive custom order for my stuff. At the moment I need to find out how to price them :-( Is so difficult... I don't want to undervalue my bags but otherwise their price would be so high... Establishing own brand is really hard. Wish you good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wishing you best of luck as well! I'm sure your first custom order will be a success! Xoxo, Carol ( PS. So sorry for late reply!)

      Delete

I love to read your comments!